Sunday, October 19, 2014

Review...15 Minutes by: Bethany Lopez

15 Minutes (Time for Love, #4) 4.5 stars! Review copy provided by author. I have read this whole series and each book has been so good. This may have been my favorite. I've said this before and I'll say it again, Bethany Lopez knows how to put a smile on your face. She's not over the top with angst but always throws in a little something to keep your interest. I wasn't sure I really wanted to read about Victoria after the way she treated Scott and his friends but this book pleasantly surprised me and we got to know why she is the way she is. 

Brock (H) sees Victoria (h) in the bar and something is pulling him to approach her. She gives her classic icy response and he asks for just 15 minutes to change her mind about him. Well she doesn't give it to him until he finds her again and finally gets her to agree. After 15 minutes she agrees to a fun no strings attached relationship. Brock gets to see a side of Victoria no one else has and as she slowly opens up he really starts to like the person she is. They are complete opposites but very compatible. Brock opens her eyes to things she would never have done. He gets her to realize what she should be doing with her life and he gets his friends and Victoria to all give each other a chance.

I love the girls in this book! They all are unique but not one of them is over the top bitchy or cruel. I find that this is so common in novels to have a bitchy villain or the girls in general are so mean to each other. When I find a novel that doesn't have that it's really refreshing. Now don't get me wrong the bitchy villain always makes it interesting but it is so nice for the change of pace. I was like YEY all the girls get along! No one is sabotaging the other. Okay so back to Brock and Victoria...they have this relationship where they are so completely different but it just works. They bring out the best in each other and I felt like Brock brought out the inner beauty Victoria had been hiding and when it finally came out it was like she was a different person...the ice princess melted.

After spending quite a bit of time together Brock and Victoria realize they have more than just a fun, no strings attached relationship but right when they admit there feelings for each other something happens. Will they be able to move on? And will it be together or apart?

Like I said this book took me by surprise not because I didn't think I'd like it but because of how much I did. It's usually hard for me to like someone I didn't in previous books but we just didn't know her. I also love the connection Brock has with his brothers and what he's done for them, I'm keeping my fingers crossed we get books about them too. I'm looking forward to the next book which is about Gaby's sister Gwen and Cal's brother Craig. You get to know them a little in 42 Hours (Gaby and Scott's story). And maybe just maybe a book about the rich hot boss (Carson Brandt) of Scott's? hint hint ;)

This is book is told from both H and h POV.

I recommend

HEA? (3)<<<click here if you want to know.

No comments: