Friday, July 11, 2014

Second Chances by: P.J. Fiala


Second Chances by P.J. Fiala (3.5 stars)

I received a copy of this book for an honest review.

Sam is a fifty four year old widow; her marriage was far from perfect living with a depressed husband most of the time. Gray is fifty five and divorced and was married to a very vindictive manipulative person. They meet when Gray walks into her place of work and is literally stopped in his tracks when he sees Sam. Sam having a very low self-esteem doesn’t think anything of it and is sure it’s not her that’s gotten him all flustered. She soon realizes that he is very interested when he asks her out. They have an instant love connection and attraction towards each other.
They struggle with Sam’s insecurities especially when it comes to Gray’s exes. His ex-wife is still trying to manipulate him and he is still letting her, and then comes an ex-girlfriend that wants to get back together. Gray has to make a choice and fight for the relationship he has with Sam or continue to be manipulated. Sam has to not let her self-esteem get in the way and stop running from everything.

This book is about the struggles of a new relationship and getting a second chance at love. There is also a little suspense thrown in but I’m not giving it away.

I liked this book but I didn’t love it. I thought it was great to read about an older couple finding love. What I had a hard time with was the length of the book, it was really long. I don’t mind a long book but there was a lot of repetition and detail to things I didn’t think were necessary for the story. I was also constantly confused with all the characters trying to remember who was who. All in all a good story and would recommend to someone looking for something different.

No comments: