Saturday, July 12, 2014

ARC review...From Hate (#1) by: Lily Simon

From Hate (From Hate #1)3.5-4 stars

***Cliffhanger***


Caleb is a arrogant, mega rich, controlling and did I mention British man that has been asked to turn a failing high school around. Francesca is a strong, independent woman that has made it on her own after leaving her controlling parents. And she just so happens to be a teacher at this high school. When Caleb forms his plan for the school he and Francesca do not start off with the greatest relationship.
 

Caleb finds information and secrets on Francesca and blackmails her into a fake relationship in exchange for not exposing her. Little does Francesca know Caleb has secrets of his own. And what happens when Francesca witnesses something she wasn’t supposed to?

I have mixed fillings about this book (partly because of how it ended) and I think with some good editing it could be a great book. I loved the concept but can't say I liked the H. It's hard for me to read a book when I want to tear the characters eyes out. I loved Francesca, although I thought she could have fought a little harder against Caleb's demands. They definitely had great chemistry and the author portrayed that well in her writing.


There was a mistake with the dual POV's, it switched from his to hers but it was still his perspective. That could be a quick fix I just think it was a typo. Also there was a contradiction with the H when he mentions he hates pet names and then uses them on her and she on him. I have said in previous reviews I have a love/hate relationship with cliffhangers. I am eager to read the next book and find out what happens. 

All in all this book kept me intrigued and I thought it was a great first novel.




No comments: