Sunday, September 28, 2014

Review...An Aria in Venice by:KaSonndra Leigh

An Aria in Venice (A Musical Interlude, #1.5) Review copy provided. 4-4.5 stars! First let me say I want to go back to Italy! This book painted a perfect picture of Venice and now has me itching to revisit. The detail in this book is amazing but not over done.

Adriana has been in love with her savior and her brother's best friend for years. Everyone sees Nikolai like a brother to Adriana but she doesn't see him that way. She is tired of holding back her feelings and decides to let him know what she wants. Nikolai has felt the same feelings towards Adriana but is too scared to act upon them for fear of what her family and essentially his family will think. His number one priority lies with his job and protecting Adriana comes in a close second, getting involved with her is not an option.

After Adriana meets the talented, sexy, Italian designer Luca she decides to play a little game with Nikolai. What Adriana isn't prepared for, is for Nikolai to practically throw her into Luca's arms. 

Adriana is sick of being a virgin and is planning to give Luca her virginity but Luca has his own ideas. Luca introduces Adriana to his mother Simona who falls in love with the beautiful Russian ballet dancer. Simona believing (under false pretenses) that Luca and Adriana are a couple invites Adriana to spend time in Venice with her family.

His goal…One night with the ballerina.
Her goal…To beat the player at his game.
The outcome...Something completely unexpected.


Nikolai soon regretting his decision to push Adriana away tries to make amends with Adriana. Will he be too late? Has Adriana fallen for the Italian designer?

This is a different kind of love triangle. I always always root for the first love and in this book I found myself actually rooting for Luca, sigh, but still feeling sorry for Nikolai too. I'm not going to tell you who she ends up with because that just takes all the fun away. Who knew all this was going on while reading The Prelude? The Prelude (A Musical Interlude, #1)  I really enjoyed this book and I don't think I've ever loved a heroine as much as I love Adriana, she was awesome! I felt so bad for her and what she had to deal with growing up. Her mom was awful and she didn't have a father. She was such a strong character but not a bitch. She was sweet and compassionate but not a doormat and she was one hell of a friend. Actually she's pretty bad ass. I hope to get more of her in future books. 

So far I recommend the first two books in this series and I'll definitely be reading the next ones!

HEA? (3) <<<click here if you want to know.

No comments: