Monday, March 2, 2015

Release! Wake Up by: Hunter Marshall...based on a true story.

 Synopsis

 I only knew two things when I married Grey Andrews: one, I was in love and two, I wanted to rebel against my parents.  For the first time in my life, REALLY rebel.  I, however, wasn't prepared for the onslaught of negativity and abuse I encountered. Grey would make sure I knew where I stood, with him, and with everyone else.  He of course, was allowed to go and do whatever, wherever he pleased.  Even during the rare times I would stand up to him, he would be sure that I knew I was nothing."You?  What man in his right mind would want you?  You are the biggest bitch I've ever known.  Not to mention, you are damaged."  Grey said as he wheeled around with that all too familiar sneer.  The last thing I heard was, "I only married you out of pity." Did he really mean that?  I loved him so much and thought if I loved him enough, he could change.  I felt like I had been punched in the gut!  Would he realize how lucky he was to have a beautiful wife and son.  Only time would tell.Grey made sure I was knocked down several pegs at all times, but.  even worse than that was the way he treated Tyler.   My heart bled every time that sweet little boy was pushed off to the side and denied the attention he so deeply needed and deserved.Do you ever "Get over" abuse, betrayal and adultery? My answer, no.  You "get through it", but you don’t ever "get over" it.  You take it one baby step at a time and  it is the support of great family, good friends and a loving Heavenly Father that makes continuing on even remotely possible.


Teasers



Facebook Link:

https://www.facebook.com/huntermarshall78

Author Bio: 


Hunter Marshall is a native of Idaho.   She was born three months too early with a disability and wasn't supposed to be able to walk, talk, see, hear or have any semblance of a normal life. Her mother however, believed she was more than a disability.  She made sure Hunter did everything she was capable of to reach her full potential. Coming from a big family, it was either keep up or get left in the dust.   It was because her love of reading and writing that Hunter knew, even at an early age, she was destined to be a writer. Hunter went on to graduate high school much to the awe and amazement of the doctors who told her parents she would never amount to anything, get married and have  children.  She then succeeded in getting a degree in Social Work. Her knowledge of Social Work and concern for issues facing mankind have assisted her in many aspects of her life including raising a family and writing this novel.

 It is her faith and belief in a loving Father in Heaven that is a driving force in coming to terms with her past and learning that, although difficulties may arise,  there are ways to "get through" the times that seem impossible.


Hosted by Belles Bookin It Promotions



No comments: