Saturday, June 11, 2016

Review...My Sweet Demise by: Shana Vanterpool

My Sweet Demise (Demise, #1)

Desperation makes a girl do crazy things…

When twenty-one year old Raina O’Connor is kicked out of her room on short notice, she’s thrown into a frantic search for a new place to stay. As the situation becomes more urgent, her choices have dwindled to her least favorite option—ladies’ man, Kent Nicholson.

Kent Nicholson loves women, just not as a roommate…

When a gorgeous blonde with big hazel eyes answers Kent’s ad for a roommate, his red flags start flying. He’s looking for a wingman, not a chick who will put a damper on his game or drench his apartment in pink. It’s clear she’s in a bind, and something about her makes him break his own rules. But when he reluctantly accepts, it’s with four concrete conditions.

Be his wingman. Don’t get in his way with other girls. No bitchy attitudes. And most importantly, she can’t fall for him.

Pretty sure this was the world’s worst idea—ever…

Trust is something earned. Raina learned that the hard way when her father broke her heart as a child, making it easy to steer clear of relationships. But living with Kent somehow stirs emotions Raina has always forbidden herself to have. Plus, he’s everything she never wanted—untrustworthy, pigheaded…and gorgeous. Something tells her Kent isn’t free of his own secret scars…

Love can drag you down and spit you out, and be worth every second.


My Review: (copy provided) 

Okay, so I was asked to review a book that I've been putting off because I'm having a really hard time with my review for it. As most of you know that follow my blog I don't like to review negatively. I find it so hard to point out the negative when someone has worked so hard on something, but with that said I unfortunately just didn't connect with this book. I love me a bad boy, but he was a flat out jerk. Kent's (H) terms for letting Raina (h) move in were for her to be his wingman/woman and help him get laid. Raina was desperate to find a place to live and agreed. The problem is I really didn't find him attractive or see the appeal and wanted the heroine to hook up with is roommate. There were so many things I wanted her to do something differently that I was yelling at her as I was reading, "stick to your word!" "Stick up for yourself!" "Move the fuck out!"  I was rooting for the roommate from the beginning. I loved him. I will say towards the end of the book I was warming up to Kent but then it just seemed like it was over. I wanted to connect with him more and really fall in love with them as a couple, I wanted a little more vengeance on the ex. I really think this book could've been a book I loved, it had all of the things I normally love in a book but the execution of it just didn't work for me. I'm also one for short chapters and the chapters were long. I am however very curious about the next book in the series because it's about Raina's sister (who was badass) and the roommate!

I'm not dissing her writing either, I would definitely read another book by her and like I said I want to. This book though, was just not for me.

I want to thank the author for reaching out and providing me a copy to read and review.

No comments: