Saturday, October 3, 2015

Review...What's Left Of Us by: Michele Tucker



What's Left of Us (Us, #1) 
Synopsis:
A year ago their lives were changed forever.

Calla Jensen, a college freshman at University of Alabama, can’t move on. Her loss of faith in God, and in herself, has her frozen and stagnant. But time doesn't stop for any one, and no matter how much she fights it, making new friends and leaving her past behind is inevitable.

When her college roommate drags her to an event on campus, she doesn't expect to come face to face with the person whose life she almost ruined. Old wounds open up and together they must come to terms with the events that led to three best friends being torn apart.


But Calla has been keeping something back, and it could destroy the fragile ties she is slowly building back with the people she loves. Can faith be renewed and can God help her heal?

What happened the day everything fell apart?


My Review: (copy provided)
5 Stars!

Let me start off by saying that I wasn't sure how to feel about a Christian romance and I can honestly say I don't know if I've ever read one. Well this book is so well done, please do not let the genre detour you from reading this, it was a beautiful story.

I believe we all find our own ways to heal and more than it being God or our heroine's (Calla) beliefs she needed to find strength within herself too. The element of Christianity is there but it's subtle and not thrown in your face.

I loved the innocence of the characters too. You don't find that too much in a romance novel, especially with the men, so it was a nice change of pace.

I found this book to be very emotional, I'll write a little about it. Calla (h) is trying to move on but can't, she has lost faith in herself and God and can't heal. While in college her roommate drags her out and she runs into the one person she never thought she would see or talk to again Beck (H). He was her best friend but it was all lost because of one event, and that event destroyed everything.

I thought this book was going to be a love triangle but it wasn't and the best thing about the story to me was seeing both the H and h heal. It wasn't instantaneous and they wanted to heal each other. They were sad, hurt and angry but wanted to help each other overcome it. There was a huge element of surprise in this book...WOW I was not expecting it and it left me in tears. I remember exactly when I read it too because I was on my treadmill and had to stop my work out to compose myself. I loved the secondary characters and  I think you will fall in love with Calla's friend Parker, he may have been my favorite.

This was a wonderful book it made me think and made me very emotional. This is more than a  romance, it is about faith, trust, and finding yourself. I won't say healing because I think I've written that enough. ;) Don't expect steamy sex scenes because this book isn't that type of story.

I highly recommend.

HEA? (3)<<<click here if you want to know.

Purchase:
Amazon 

Michele Tucker 

Follow Michele on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/authormicheletucker

 

No comments: