Thursday, July 23, 2015

Review...Love At First Flight by: Tess Woods

Love At First Flight

 Synopsis:

Looking back on it now, I can see it was instant. The second we locked eyes. Boom. Just like that. The me I had spent a lifetime perfecting began its disintegration from that moment. And despite the carnage it brought to all our lives, I still don't regret it.

What would you risk to be with the love of your life? And what if your soul mate is the one who will destroy you?

Mel is living the dream. She's a successful GP, married to a charming anaesthetist and raising a beautiful family in their plush home in Perth. But when she boards a flight to Melbourne, she meets Matt and her picture perfect Stepford life unravels as she falls in love for the first time ever.

What begins as a flirty conversation between strangers quickly develops into a hot and obsessive affair with disastrous consequences neither Mel nor Matt could have ever seen coming. Mel's dream life turns into her worst nightmare.

Love at First Flight will take everything you believe about what true love is and spin it on its head.


My Review: (Review copy provided by NetGalley)

This book was so emotionally draining. It was heartbreaking and I thought about it many days before I could write this. This is not my typical go to book. When I read I want to feel emotions but I don't want to feel sad or angry throughout it. I was angry with Mel, she was so self-absorbed I couldn't take it at times, but a part of me understood too. Now I don't think she should have taken it as far as she did but she did it, and at that point she should have made choices but she did everything for herself. When her friend called her out and said everything about Mel was ME ME ME I couldn't have been happier. I don't think either man was innocent in this and maybe Adam and Matt needed what happened to get themselves and their relationships figured out but I keep coming back to Why? Why was Mel so lovable? She did nothing but stomp on both of their hearts and think of herself. So this is why I'm struggling with a rating and review. I want an emotionally charged book, I want the happiness, sadness, anger and laughter but I never felt the laughter or happiness. I never felt put back together. God, but the author knocked the story right out and she did such a good job; so how could I rate it negatively? It was a well done story and had me thinking about it for days after, so kudos to her. It just wasn't my story and maybe if I was in a different mind set or if I had read it at a different time in my life I may have felt differently about the story itself. I know people that will love this book and I will recommend it to them because it was so well done. I will say I devoured this book, I couldn't put it down because I just had to see how everything turned out. With that said did I enjoy this book? I don't know? I guess at times I did. Would I recommend it? Yes to some people. Would I read more of this authors work? Absolutely! I'm sorry this review is so wishy washy but that's how my brain and heart felt while reading it. Congrats to the author on her debut novel, this one couldn't have been easy.

HEA? (3)<<<click here if you want to know.

No comments: