Sunday, July 19, 2015

Review...I Belong to You by: Lisa Renee Jones


I Belong to You (Inside Out, #5)

Synopsis:

Master…

Being that person, that man is how I define myself, how I allow the rest of the world to define me as well. And now, with a terrible loss shredding me inside out and someone trying to destroy my family to punish me, control is more important than ever. It is everything. It is what I need. It is all I need. Or maybe I just need…her.
 



 My review: Review copy provided by NetGalley

5 move over Christian Grey stars!!

Wow I loved this book! I've loved the whole Inside Out series but something about this book just did it for me. I really wasn't a Mark Compton fan AT ALL but getting into his head and seeing how vulnerable he was just melted me. And Crystal was so bad a**... loved her! She was strong and feisty but vulnerable herself. I love how she put Mark in is place and seeing their playful banter. This book shows many sides to Mark we didn't get to see in the Inside Out series. We really see the love he had for Rebecca and even the respect he has for Sara. It was very real to me the struggles that both Crystal and Mark were feeling about the loss of Rebecca. Crystal completely throws him and it's then he realizes he can be more than he gives himself credit for.

I really enjoyed the build up to Crystal and Mark's story, I like how we got little pieces of their past at a time and weren't just thrown right into it.

Mark and Crystal  thought they were too similar to be together, both too strong and in control.

"She nods and moves with the same pace, the same confident steps, confirming that she is not my type. As she once said, we're too alike, two bulls fighting for the same red flag."

And there lays the unique push and pull of their relationship. Lisa Renee writes it so well too, you felt their struggles. I really have to say I think this was my favorite so far. When an author can completely change my thinking on a character like she did Mark and make me LOVE him that's saying something. Now I want more of them, I don't want this to be the end of Mark and Crystal's story! There is a part in the book that showed me that Mark was changed and it made me fall in love with him. It was in the end when he says he's aware that if anything happened to him it would hurt Crystal, so he decided to not put himself in danger. Right there did it for me...selfless!!

I highly recommend this book as well as the Inside Out series.

HEA? 3<<<click here if you want to know!

No comments: