Sunday, April 9, 2017

Review...Sex in the Sticks (Love Hurts #1) by: Sawyer Bennett

Sex in the Sticks (Love Hurts, #1)
My Review: (ARC provided)
4.5 -5 stars!
 
This book was so good. I devoured it! It was actually exactly what I needed and was looking for in a book at the time. Face paced, strong hero and heroine with great chemistry. I hate to admit this but this is the first book I've read by this author, and it definitely won’t be the last.

I liked Valentine (h) from the get go in the prologue and more as the book went on. The "fib" made me laugh and she made me laugh in general. What I loved about her was she was this rich upper class woman and it shows but yet she's down to earth in an upper class way (if that makes sense). She's just a really awesome character.

Logan (H) is this sexy kind of quiet and mysterious guy. He is the small town hero and everyone loves him. He's comfortable in his skin, career and life choice. It doesn't take much to make him happy.
  
Logan and Valentine had this cute connection from the beginning and it just grew from there.

I also loved the age of the characters; it was nice for a change not to read a NA novel. It made the characters more relatable. There weren't too many issues I had with this book. The only thing I would say is I guessed the climax of this book. I really don’t think it was meant to be a big surprise though everyone knew what Valentine did.

All in all this was a great read and wrapped up perfectly for me (this is a standalone).

I'm so glad I read this book and took a chance with this author. I will be reading more!


No comments: