Thursday, April 6, 2017

Out now!! Standing Ground (Under Ground #2) by Alice Rachel...review and givaway!








Standing Ground
Alice Rachel
(Under Ground, #2)
Publication date: October 27th 2016
Genres: Dystopian, Romance, Young Adult
When the authorities strike to regain control over the riots in Eboracum City and use drastic measures as retaliation against the civilians, the citizens are forced to fight back to survive. A virus has spread through the Underground, taking down the refugees one by one, soon contaminating the rebels. If Thia wants to save the ones she loves, she will have to retrieve the cure, quickly. But certain decisions are costly, and not all actions are free of consequences.






  



My Review: (Copy provided)
4.5-5 stars!

Why oh why did I wait so long to read this? It was so good! Let me say it's been awhile since I read Underground, book one in the series and I was so happy I got a recap in the beginning. I love that the author did this.

This book starts where book one left off, it starts at a fast pace and sucked me right in. Everyone knows I like my sexy romances well let me tell you this books romance does not disappoint in fact she writes Chi (H) and Thia's (h) love story and interactions without much graphic detail but with so much passion I got the butterflies.

"His lips find my throat and I combust. A sudden flame ignites inside me, and I catch on fire right here in Chi's arms."

I felt the love Chi had for Thia and Thia had for Chi, you could just feel it while reading. It's a beautiful love too. They have so many obstacles to overcome and so much to fight for.

"The person I loved most in this world has left me here, stranded on this shore of profound desolation."

The beginning of the book is a little disturbing and quite sad, well actually the whole scenario is very sad. I'm not going to lie I got really choked up a few times during this book. You really get to know the characters of the Underground and these poor people can't seem to get a break, just when you think things are looking up something happens. Illness, attacks, etc...I won't spoil anything but it keeps you on edge and has you turning pages to find out what's going to happen.

Alice Rachel has a way with words, her writing is beautiful and descriptive without being overdone.

"I know you don't believe it yet, but the pain will dull with time. It will never go away. But one day, you will wake up and sorrow will only be an echo of what you're feeling now."

I love this. It is the perfect wording for this scenario.

I really need to read the novella's now!!
I can't wait to find out what happens.



 












Author Bio:
Alice Rachel is the author of the YA Forbidden Romance/ Dystopian Romance Series "Under Ground."
Her time is divided between teaching French, writing, reading, drawing, and spending time with her hubby and guinea pigs.
Alice loves talking to readers, so send her a message...


XBTBanner1

No comments: