Saturday, March 5, 2016

Review...Hold My Heart by: Esther M. Soto

 Hold My Heart (The Heart Series #1)

On a manhunt for a serial killer, FBI Special Agent Ileana Harper falls through a break in time, ripping her from the present and everything she knows. After forming an uneasy alliance with the man who comes to her rescue, she unearths long-buried family secrets. Spiraling out of control, she clings to memories of Tommy, her partner and best friend of eight years, to keep her sane, fearful she may never see him again.

FBI Special Agent Tommy Colton relies on Ileana to keep him grounded; she’s the closest thing he’s ever had to love in his life. When Ileana disappears, leaving no trace, he falls apart. Without her beside him, Tommy is about to face the biggest challenge of his career, if not his life.

While trying to find a way home, Ileana races to determine the killer’s identity and discovers he might be closer than she realized. Will she risk everything to catch him, or sacrifice justice to find her way back to Tommy before it’s too late?



My Review:
5 stars!
 
What a pleasant surprise this book was. It was recommended to me by some book friends and with how much they raved over it I moved it up my TBR list. I read this book awhile ago and could have swore I reviewed it. I went to look it up and realized it was sitting in my draft waiting for a review.
So anyways I need to tell you how good this book was! It was different than anything I've read and it continued to take me by surprise. This is a time travel romance and the author did her research. Wow she was spot on in the time that she took us to. I don't want to get into the book too much because I think you should go in blind. Our heroine Ileana is a strong independent woman, she works hard and doesn't take shit from anyone. Her best friend Tommy is her partner with the FBI, they are a on hunt to catch the killer of a series of murders when something happens to bring Ileana back into time.

That's where she meets Will and he tries to help her with the mess of a situation she's in.

This book was brilliant, I couldn't put it down and when I wasn't reading, I kept thinking about it. It had everything, suspense, romance, time-travel, and some humor thrown in too. I really can't say enough good things about this book. This was Esther's debut novel and what a debut it was! Her writing was impeccable and you would never know this was a debut, such a beautifully written story that left me with my mouth hanging open wanting more. I can't wait for the next book in this series! Hold My Heart is such an original story and I highly recommend.



Purchase on Amazon

Esther M. Soto
Esther grew up on the beautiful Caribbean island of Puerto Rico before meeting and marrying her soul mate.
A former military wife, she is the mother of three boys, explorer, avid reader, communications professor, and knowledge hound. An Army Mom at heart, Esther resides in FL where she spends her days teaching human communication and public speaking, grading, and writing about love, romance, and life. 




No comments: