Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Out Now!

 

Doctor Love (Masters of Love, #3)Doctor Love by Leisa Rayven
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My Review (ARC provided)
4.5 stars!
https://triciaciak.blogspot.com/
https://www.instagram.com/tlbcgirls.r...
https://www.tiktok.com/@tlbcbookblog?...

Leisa Rayven is back and on fire! I fell in love with this story, it was so witty and I couldn’t get enough of Toby and Joanna.

Toby is your very hot and smart nerd, he’s actually a tech wizard and has created the most advanced dating app to pair you with your life partner. The problem is he can pair everyone but himself because the person he finds a connection with and has the most chemistry with is not in his algorithm for finding the one at all.

“I’m a goddamn expert at coding and hacking, and I’m going to find a way to hack my heart and recode that motherfucker, because I refuse to feel this way a second longer.”

Joanna has been guarded and afraid of love, she doesn’t feel lovable and never lets anyone get too close. She is also brilliant and not to mention a self-made woman with a ton of money. When she meets Toby she feels every bit of the connection he does but the problem is, he’s not the right person for her. They just are not compatible.

When Joanna needs help and Toby is one of the only people she can think of to help her they have an agreement to be friends. Well, friends are really hard when there is so much chemistry. And then throw in the forced proximity aspect and they are really in trouble.

This story had me on edge, I loved Toby from the start, he was such a caring person and always put himself last, and I really felt for him. Joanna was a little harder to love, but Leisa does such a good job of slowly unfolding her character that you begin to love her too, and she is such a caring and generous person. I loved how she flipped the trope for it to be the woman as the sexy, dominant, rich heroine and the male to be the nerdy somewhat frumpy (but hot) hero. It was a nice change of pace!

“When you’re so in love with someone, you can’t imagine living without them, everything changes. You look at them with new eyes. You even say their name differently. It’s like it’s suddenly a precious word that needs to be spoken with the utmost care.”

I did read the other books in the series but it had been a while so I had to refresh my memory a bit. Once again Leisa did not disappoint and I hope we see some more of her stories soon!


View all my reviews

No comments: