Friday, June 24, 2022

Moments In Time review...

 

Moments in TimeMoments in Time by K.K. Allen


My review (ARC provided)
@tlbcgirls.read
https://triciaciak.blogspot.com/
4 stars!

Moments In Time was a sweet story about rekindling a friendship and love after several years of being estranged and broken-hearted.

Jami and Vi were the best of friends, but they also were friends that were each other’s first everything. They always stated they were only friends and helping each other get experience, but they both had an unspoken love for each other, both were too afraid to admit it for fear of losing the other.

This book was a slow burn slightly angst-filled read. It was one of those books you keep waiting for something big to happen but it never really does or is quickly resolved. I love that! K.K. can write some angst and she can also write a steady sweet story about love, friendship, and growth. I don't need to be on edge every time I read, and it was actually just the book I needed at this time.

I love the build-up of their new adult relationship and the things they have to deal with now that they are working adults with totally different lives. Without giving too much away I thought K.K. did an excellent job with Trevor’s (Violet’s ex) character and the things a divorced couple might go through when raising a child. I liked getting the back story to him as well.

I couldn’t wait for Vi and Jami to put the past aside and talk through misunderstandings to work towards a future.

“I heard you, Vi, and you know I’ll help you however I can, but I am sick and tired of being treated like I’m the villain here.”

I can’t wait to get the next Bexley brother in this series!


View all my reviews

No comments: