Sunday, September 16, 2018

Review...Dirty Headlines by: L.J. Shen

Dirty Headlines

Célian Laurent.
Manhattan royalty.
Notorious playboy.
Heir to a media empire.
...And my new boss.


I could have impressed him, if not for last month's unforgettable one-night stand.
I left it with more than orgasms and a pleasant memory--namely, his wallet.
Now he's staring me down like I'm the dirt under his Italian loafers, and I'm supposed to take it.
But the thing about being Judith "Jude" Humphry is I have nothing to lose.
Brooklyn girl.
Infamously quirky.
Heir to a stack of medical bills and a tattered couch.
When he looks at me from across the room, I see the glint in his eyes, and that makes us rivals.
He knows it.
So do I. 
Every day in the newsroom is a battle.
Every night in his bed, war.
But it's my heart at stake, and I fear I'll be raising the white flag


My Review: 
Five Stars!!

This book consumed me. I was so frustrated at times with the H but wow did I have a hate/love for him. I do love how Jude (h) stuck up for herself, but, yet as much as she did she just couldn't stay away. Their chemistry was scorching, and the tension was insane. I loved it!!

And I love me a bad boy, dirty talker and that is precisely what Celian is, but he's all wrapped up in his pretty CEO gear. This is one hell of an enemy to lovers romance. It is hot and very dirty. And you get your hot and dirty from the beginning. 

Both Cel and Jude have their issues. Jude is dealing with trying to care for her dying father while the bills are piling up and Cel is coping with his own family issues and trying to completely take over his company.
I love Leigh's writing, and she really has a way of making you warm up to her heroes; underneath everything, they have a tenderness that you just have to peel away to get to. She is a master at writing these types of H's. If you like a HOT, DIRTY, CONNING but CARING and COMPASSIONATE alpha and a SASSY, STRONG, HOT, INDEPENDENT woman then this should be your next read.

I freaking loved it!!


No comments: