Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Out Now! The Way I Hate Him by: Meghan Quinn

 

The Way I Hate HimThe Way I Hate Him by Meghan Quinn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My Review (ARC provided)
Five stars!

@tlbcgirls.read
https://triciaciak.blogspot.com/

Meghan Quinn always has me craving food when I read her books, from donuts to grilled cheese and now pickles. Seriously if you like pickles, you will go to your refrigerator and grab a couple while reading.

I have said so many times that I’m not a fan of age gaps, and I’m usually not, but this is the second book I’ve read of hers with an age gap that I loved. I didn’t feel icky while reading it, and it just worked for these characters.

This book had a lot of heart; it had me tearing up a few times and laughing out loud.

Hattie has failed graduate school and is returning to her hometown to see her family and her long-time boyfriend. She has recently lost her sister, her role model, and the girl that practically raised her. She is having difficulty coping and needs to take some time off.

Hayes is back home and has some time off from touring. He’s ready to take a breather but just fired his assistant and needs help. Hayes has his own demons he needs to fight.

Hattie needs to pretend she has an internship to avoid her other siblings knowing she failed out of school; Hayes offers to help, but does he?

I absolutely loved the banter between the H and h, and then the chemistry that just keeps building and building until you, as a reader, are ready to combust. Meghan is the master of “edging” her reader; when the time finally comes, it is the perfect amount of spice. I loved every word of this book, and as always, M.Q. brought me exactly what I needed in a book. I can’t wait to read more about the adorable small town of Almond Bay.

“You breathed oxygen back into my lungs and made me feel when my entire body was living in a numb state. Because of you, I learned to love; I learned to fucking feel. My soul was woken up and nurtured…by you.” SIGH

No comments: