Monday, February 27, 2023

 

Blanket of Stars (Camp Bexley, #4)Blanket of Stars by K.K. Allen


My Review (ARC provided)
@tlbcgirls.read
https://triciaciak.blogspot.com/
Four Stars!

To say I enjoyed this series is an understatement. I have been invested in the Bexley’s since we met Silver at Camp Bexley. I couldn’t wait to get the final brother Cayson’s book.

Cayson was like the perfect man; pure, sensitive, shy, sweet, and very attractive, but totally not someone our heroine (Olivia) would ever consider dating. Olivia is used to the rock star lifestyle and can’t see herself with anyone other than a rock star, especially not the sweet boy next door Cayson. The only problem is something happens to her when she’s around him, but she won't admit it.

Cayson has an immediate attraction to Olivia, and from the first moment he met her he has been determined to ask her out, but Olivia wants to keep him in the friendzone. Cayson is trying to move on from his accident, heal and get out in the dating scene but the problem is he only wants to date one person.

Olivia thinks she likes the long distance and toxic, angsty relationships she's had in the past and that Cayson is so not her type, but she is willing to help him find someone and gain his confidence back. She will teach him whatever he needs to know. Will they be able to stay friends, or will her tutoring get in the way?

“He’s no tattooed rock star with a penchant for making me constantly question my place in the world. He’s still a clean-cut, straight-edged family man with a heart of gold who would never make me question anything. Where’s the toxicity? The angst? The complete unpredictability?”

I loved Cayson, but unfortunately, I didn’t love Olivia, she made me angry, and I found her selfish. I kept hoping Cayson would move on and then whenever he tried to, Olivia would get jealous and pull him back in. I loved their chemistry and their friendship, but I thought Olivia took advantage of him. I found it hard to believe she was that oblivious to how much he was into her. I’m so happy when the lightbulb finally went off and she realized how special Cayson was.

“Jealousy is an ugly, self-loathing emotion, and right now, I’m filled with it.”

Overall, I have loved this series and really enjoyed this book, I just wish Olivia pulled her head out a little sooner.





View all my reviews

No comments: