Thursday, November 19, 2015

I have a partner and a new review! 5 stars! Leveled by: Jay Crownover

I am so excited to bring on Lindsey as a reviewer. We have a very similar reviewing style and a lot of similar reading interests.


My name is Lindsey and I live in the Richmond, VA area. I am a graphic/web designer by day and a true bookworm at heart. My favorite thing to do is get lost in an amazing and exciting story! I will read almost anything that’s put in front of me from fiction to non-fiction. My favorite genera to read are YA, New Adult and Romance. I’m so excited to be helping Tricia!


 



















Synopsis:

We all need a hero...let the Saints of Denver begin

Orlando Frederick knows what it is to be leveled by pain. Instead of focusing on his own, he’s made it his mission to help others: sports stars, wounded war vets, survivors of all kinds. But when Dom, a rugged, damaged, sinfully attractive cop, makes his way into Lando’s physical therapy practice, he might be the biggest challenge yet. Lando loved one stubborn man before and barely survived the fallout. He’s not sure he can do it again.

Dominic Voss is a protector. The police badge he wears is not only his job, it’s his identity, so when he’s sidelined because of an injury, the only thing he cares about is getting back on the force. He expects Lando to mend his body, he just doesn’t realize the trainer will also have him working toward a hell of a lot more. As attraction simmers and flares, Dom sees that Lando needs repair of his own...if only the man will let him close enough to mend what's broken.
  

Lindsey's review:
5 Stars for Leveled by Jay Crownover  (Saints of Denver #0.5)


Leveled is the kick off story for Jay’s new Saints of Denver series. I love the Marked Men series, so when Jay surprised us with a bridge between the old and the new I was tickled pink. What made this even better, Jay was going to give us a little more insight into Orlando “Lando” Frederick, Remy’s secret love.
While M/M books haven’t exactly been my cup of tea, I found this book beautifully written, weaving the story of these two strong willed but kind men together. Old characters make their appearances as well as the new I am sure I will grow to love as this series unravels.

“Bad things happen, it was how we navigated the fallout afterward that really defined what our new normal would be. You could do it gracefully, generously, thoughtfully… or you could do it sloppily, haphazardly and blindly like I had done.”

At its core, this is a book of a lost soul and a strong willful one, finding just how beautiful a journey together can be. I found this a sweet and beautiful beginning to a series I can’t wait to read. 

About this author

:
Jay Crownover

I'm supposed to share interesting details about myself so that my readers get to know me so here we go in no particular order: I'm an natural redhead even though I haven't seen my real hair color in years, I'm a big fan of tattoos and have a half sleeve on either arm and various other pieces all over the place, I've been in the bar industry since I was in college and it has always offered interesting insight into how men and women interact with each other, I have 3 dogs that are all crazy, I live in Colorado and love the snow, I love music and in all reality wish I could be a rock star not a writer or a bartender but I have zero talent so there is that.
I love to write, love to read and all I'm interested in is a good story with interesting characters that make the reader feel something.
Thanks for taking the time to check my stuff out....
Jay Crownover

No comments: