Friday, November 20, 2015

Bright Side by: Kim Holden...I know I'm late to the game!





Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)  

Synopsis:
Secrets.
Everyone has one.
Some are bigger than others.
And when secrets are revealed,
Some will heal you ...
And some will end you.

Kate Sedgwick’s life has been anything but typical. She’s endured hardship and tragedy, but throughout it all she remains happy and optimistic (there’s a reason her best friend Gus calls her Bright Side). Kate is strong-willed, funny, smart, and musically gifted. She’s also never believed in love. So when Kate leaves San Diego to attend college in the small town of Grant, Minnesota, the last thing she expects is to fall in love with Keller Banks.

They both feel it.
But they each have a reason to fight it.
They each have a secret.

And when secrets are revealed,
Some will heal you …
And some will end you. 


My Review: (sort of)
5 plus stars!


I need to process before I write a full review. I waited and waited to read this book. I had been recommended it from several friends and I just was scared. I get so involved with these characters sometimes its hard to separate the fact that's it's fiction. And let me tell you for me this book was extremely hard to make that disconnect. I felt like I was living it. I felt like Kate was MY best friend.

Well I was meeting Kim for a signing and decided to put my big girl pants on and read it...I am so glad I did. It is one of the best books I've read. It made me laugh and cry and really made me think. I made a comment to a friend that my motto from now on would be WWKD(Kate)instead of WWJD, because honestly I want to live my life the way she did hers.

I almost feel bad because I waited so long to read this, like I missed out.

And to top it off Kim was the sweetest most genuine person I've met in a longtime. I will be reading anything she writes from this point on.

 



About this author:
Kim Holden


 Some of my favorite things: reading, writing, the two coolest guys on the planet (my husband and son), my bicycle (my husband built it for me), Facebook (I'm fairly certain it's an addiction at this point), iced coffee (hazelnut), and music (LOVE Sunset Sons, the 1975, Dredg, the xx, Balance and Composure, Teenage Bottlerocket, and 30 Seconds to Mars). I also love dreaming, which brings me to my next point. I have one bit of advice for anyone reading this ... follow your dreams. It's never too late. Get started today ... heck get started RIGHT NOW! I wanted to write a book 20 years ago. Instead I waited. And waited. I should've been writing. But I didn't. I don't do regrets, because the past is just that, the past. But let me tell you there's nothing in the world like achieving something you've dreamt about for years and years. So, get started. Make your dreams reality.
I love to hear from other readers. Send me a message or find me on Facebook (https://facebook.com/kimholdenauthor) and tell what's up in your reading world.


No comments: