Saturday, March 7, 2015

Review...Conviction by: Lesley Jones 5 stars!

Conviction

 Synopsis:
She was mine. Our love unquestioned. Our futures planned. But she didn't show. All that we had, all that we meant, and after all that was said, she just didn't show. That one act by her changed everything, but it especially changed me and from that moment on, there was no going back. No words of love, no whispered promises, just sex and drugs and rock and roll. No one gets a piece of Reed, but what they will get is the night of their life, the chance to let go, break their own rules and enjoy the best, the dirtiest, filthiest sex ever... Along with the other four people in my bed.

I thought he loved me, I believed everything he said, every promise that he made but then, when I needed him more than I'd needed anyone in my life, when I was at my most vulnerable, he let me down. He chose to take a different path and leave me to pick up the pieces of my now broken life. I was changed forever and chose the easy option, letting others take charge of my destiny, until once again, I'm let down in the cruelest of ways.

Dirty filthy sex.
Love.
Heartbreak.
Betrayal.
High emotion.
And a bit more sex.


My review:
5 I love Conner fu**ing Reed stars!!

Wow Lesley Jones has blown me away this year. I read the Carnage series in Feb. pretty much went right into the Savior series and now just finished Conviction. Lesley writes in away that everything feels real. The characters are real the emotions are real and not everything is easy or wrapped right into a perfect HEA bow. One of my favorite things about her characters is that they are all flawed in some way. And she always brings humor in just when you need it.

Conner and Nina have known each other since they were kids, dated since they were teenagers and apart for fifteen years. Conner uses sex to to forget, Nina uses marriage to forget, but they both always remember. Both unhappy but successful in life with good friends that stand by them. One chance encounter brings them together. Will they get a second chance at love or has too much time gone by?

On to my review...Lesley doesn't waste any time bringing on the steam and steamy it is. Whoa!! Not only that though she gets you hooked from page one with our H (Conner) and h (Nina/Meebs). The book alternates between Conner and Nina's POV so you really get a glimpse to what they both are going through and have been through. This book made me laugh, cry, cringe, and....just feel. There are some emotional scenes that are somewhat hard to read but she writes it with class.

I don't want to say too much but you get a little surprise about half way through the book that had me jumping for joy and another twist that has you thinking WTF? I was really nervous for minute there.

Sometimes you just need to go into a book without knowing too much about it, but I can tell you this...you will fall in love once again with the characters Lesley has wrote. I will definitely be rereading the book at some point because I liked it that much (I usually am not a rereader). The other thing I love about Lesley's writing is the friendships, they will do anything for one another but also set each other straight if need be (no sugar coating). We all need friends like this! As you can tell I'm a big (new) fan of Lesley's and will read anything she writes from now on. You need to meet Conner fu**ing Reed and Nina/Meebs you will love their story.

I highly recommend!

HEA? (2)<<<click here if you want to know.

No comments: